Security Deposit F.A.Q and Terms
Security Deposit for bookings made on Booking.com
The Stables Guest Apartment, Cookstown and The Square Guest Apartment, Stewartstown.
Why do I have to pay a security deposit?
We work on the basis of giving guests the freedom to self check-in whenever suits them, so we don’t have to do a meetup with keys. It’s unfortunate but some recent guests have exploited this freedom.
How much is the deposit?
The refundable security deposit is £100 GBP per booking.
When do I need to pay?
You can pay the deposit anytime, however it is best to wait until the cancellation period for your booking has finished so you know you are definitly planning to use your booking.
What if I don’t pay the deposit?
You will not receive the code to access the keys and your check-in will be delayed until the deposit is paid. Complete failure to pay will not result in refund of your booking when outside the cancellation period for your booking.
When will the deposit be refunded?
We aim to refund deposits the same day as check-out. The Stripe payment system can take 5-10 days to actually issue the refund to your account.
When won’t I receive a refund?
The vast majority of our guests are excellent and will recieve full refunds.
Guests can be charged accordingly for the following:
£100 – Smoking.
£50 – Unauthorised pets.
£25 – Lost or non returned keys.
At cost – Major damage such as broken furniture etc.
At cost – Ruined bed linen / towels.
This is a non exhaustive list and you may in certain instances be charged more than the £100 deposit.
What about minor breakages?
Accidents happen and we have never charged for minor things such as a broken glasses etc. It’s always nice if you let us know of anything before check-out though.
By booking and paying the deposit, you accept the following Terms:
- You agree to pay the initial refundable security deposit to cover any damages or losses as outlined below.
- You agree and understand any failure to pay the deposit, may delay your access to your booked property until the deposit has been paid. It is your responsibility to pay the deposit and Wellwood Adami Ltd., trading as GuestApartments.co.uk; The Stables Guest Apartment; The Square Guest Apartment, is not liable to return any payment or part thereof, of any nightly rate of the booked property because of delay in accessing the property because the deposit was not paid.
- You must keep the property and its content(s), including all furniture, electronic equipment, fixtures, fittings, and effects, in, on, or at the Property in the same state of repair as at the start of the stay.
- You are responsible for the safekeeping of the rental property and its contents, therefore, they must remember, among other things, to lock all doors and windows, and ensure that the property is safe upon your departure.
- In the situation where any breakages, damage(s), or loss(es) occur in the property, you should report it to us as soon as possible.
- You are responsible for reimbursing us for the damage(s), breakage(s), or loss(es) caused to the property and its contents by you; or anyone else in accordance with safekeeping the property during your booked period.
- ‘Damages’ include but are not limited to, smoking in the property; pets in the property; breakages to furniture; breakages to electronics; damages to physical construction of property including but not limited to walls, ceilings, floors, doors, and windows.
- Your initial deposit payment of £100 will be refunded upon check-out where the check-out inspection is satisfactory. You also agree to forfeiture of up to the initial £100 to make good any damages or losses as outlined above.
- You also agree that for damages or losses above the initial £100 deposit, Wellwood Adami Ltd, may charge you more than £100 to make good any damages or losses during your stay, in accordance with these terms.
- The payment facilitator is Stripe.com and the shopping cart checkout for paying the deposit is facilitated by them and that any Stripe.com terms and conditions are outside the control of Wellwood Adami Ltd.